yes! i have needed some cooking successes and inspiration and have totally scored this week again. this will be in the regular rotation for sure.
check out Rachel Ray’s Chicken Satay Noodle Salad! SO delish! or as she would say YUM-O!
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup tamari (dark soy sauce)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (eyeball it)
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (eyeball it)
- 2 cups skinned and sliced rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots (a generous handful)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or parsley
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain; rinse under cold water and set aside.
While the pasta is working, in a large bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, honey and 1/4 cup warm water. Whisk in the tamari, lime juice, hot pepper sauce and garlic. Pour in the oil in a steady stream, whisking to combine. Add the reserved noodles and toss to coat.
Place the noodles in 4 shallow bowls and top with the chicken, spinach, carrots, scallions, peanuts and cilantro.