so, yeah, i am digging the new blog home. and obviously, it is inspiring me to post away. whether you like it or not. muah-ha-ha….
i am totally inspired by my friend Devi’s food blog… and so when i come across something great recipe/food-wise, i want to pass on the love. i don’t know about you, but i need all the love and help i can get when it comes to planning for. preparing and consuming healthy meals. go check out Devi’s blog… and prepare to drool. (she is also linked in my “friends & family” blog section to the right)
From Martha Stewart’s “Everyday Food” magazine (worth every penny, folks):
Brown Rice Salad with Spinach and Tomatos
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 t red wine vinegar (i used rice wine vinegar instead)
- 2 T chopped fresh dill (didn’t use it… didn’t have it… tasted fine without it)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (i used two… i love me my garlic)
- 1.4 t sugar
- coarse salt and ground pepper (i also used Trader Joe’s Everyday Seasoning)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (i used Trader Joe’s brown rice medley – a mix of br. rice, black barley and radish seeds)
- 1 med. cucumber peeled, seeded and chopped (didn’t seed it)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 pint cherry tomatos halved (chopped up a large tomato)
In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, dill, garlic, and sugar. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add rice, cucumber, spinach and tomatoes and toss to combine. ENJOY!